Monday, February 28, 2011

New Cravings!

One of the things I have enjoyed most about this raw adventure is how my taste and cravings have changed. John was watching a chef show the other day and they were making Ratatouille. After the whole array of vegetables were freshly chopped I found myself thinking "NO! Don't cook it. It looks so wonderful and delicious just as it is!"

If you would have told me I'd be craving onions, red peppers, and scallions a couple years ago I would not have believed it. When I was pregnant with my third child, I did start to like onions. But to me they were only toppings! Like for a vegan pizza or tacos or something. But lo and behold, the past couple nights when I've awakened with the kids (it's been a couple long nights...) I found myself craving just a big bowl of onions and green and red peppers, maybe some herbs and spices on top...So today that was lunch! I also added some cucumber and tomatoes. Oh it was soooo awesome. I was all excited just chopping them up.
So yeah, cravings that used to be for chocolate, cookies, and sugary snacks have been refocused to...onions and peppers.
How strange it seems. But I suppose it is more strange that we get ourselves so accustomed to the unnatural man-made, processed foods that we crave them like an addiction. Maybe what we are really supposed to be craving is fruits and vegetables.
I see now that it is possible!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Linda!
    I finally got around to being a "follower"! hehe
    Just wanted to say how excited I am for you to be doing this! Every year for Lent I try to incorperate some of this stuff, I am going to try to get Brett to do it too, just a little!
    Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete